On the Border Zesty Ranch Flavored Tortilla Chips
Taste test: Much like On the Border's Nacho Cheese version, these tortilla chips appeared to be a direct knockoff of Doritos, in this case the Cool Ranch flavor. They had a very similar appearance, with the same triangular shapes and sizes and a similar yellow surface with some seasoning powder.
When we crunched in, the texture seemed largely the same too, but as we shared the bag with lots of snackers enjoying some beers after a run, people were pretty consistent in saying that these chips tasted noticeably better than the corresponding Doritos. The ranch flavor was zesty indeed, very tasty!
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice strong ranch smell.
From the package: “The diamond has been a symbol of quality for over 20 years. Truco Enterprises, LP.” ... “All trademarks, other than On the Border®, are owned by Truco Enterprises, LP.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Truco Enterprises, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road