On the Border Nacho Cheese Flavored Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These weren't the first nacho cheese tortilla chips from On the Border that we've tried, as we previously reviewed their Cafe Style version, and whereas the others were a fairly original product, this one was basically a Doritos clone.
The chips had the same triangular shapes as Doritos and a similar surface texture with a generous coating of orange powder, though the level of coating did vary by chip. We crunched in to find a crunch that was slightly more solid and less brittle than Doritos, but still in the same ballpark. The taste was very cheesy and very salty, perhaps saltier than Doritos. Not an exact match for the Doritos cheese, but still a very similar product. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good toasted corn and cheese smell, a bit more to the corn end of the scale than Doritos.
From the package: “The diamond has been a symbol of quality for over 20 years. Truco Enterprises, LP.” ... “All trademarks, other than On the Border®, are owned by Truco Enterprises, LP.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Truco Enterprises, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road