Old Dutch Popcorn Twists
Taste test: The corn meal-based snacks in this bag were not popcorn, nor were they shaped like anything that much resembled popcorn.
For that matter, they weren't shaped like any other snacks I've seen (though I've tried quite a few kinds of snacks made from corn meal that attempted to emulate the shape of popcorn). The best way I can think to describe the twisty shapes is that they looked like thick strings with a bunch of knots tied in them, in a variety of shapes and lengths. They had a very good crispness and a tasty buttery flavor, with a density somewhere between the typical cheese puffs and crunchy cheese curls. I found these to be very enjoyable to eat, but each individual piece was sufficiently light and insubstantial that I pretty much had to eat them by the handful to make any progress in satisfying the snacking urge. Very good!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good buttery smell.
From the package: “No Hulls • No Hard Kernels • Melts in Your Mouth” ... “Caramel Corn Recipe On Back!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road