Old Vienna Red Hot Riplets
Taste test: These potato chips had medium-width ripples with a lot of seasoning powder, varying in color from light to dark but averaging to for a strong orange appearance. Many of the chips had overall shapes that were remarkably flat, a shape that we rarely see in potato chips, though the majority of them had gentle curves.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a tasty barbecue flavor that soon turned hot, packing quite a punch as a mix of peppers and garlic brought some burn to my mouth and tears to my eyes. It wasn't scary-hot, but it was certainly hot enough to startle me a bit — you may want have a cold beverage on hand!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly standard barbecue chips smell, not heat.
From the package: “Hot Barbecue Flared Ridged Potato Chips”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Old Vienna LLC
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published August 2019.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road