Oishi Shrimp Flakes
Taste test: These chips were light pink in color and cut into squares, generally about an inch in each dimension (though sizes varied somewhat), with a gentle curvature or slight cup shape to most pieces.
On the first bite, the taste was mostly like a sweet and salty wheat chip, but the shrimp taste kicked in shortly thereafter, gradually increasing in strength until things got quite fishy. That kind of taste was very divisive among the snackers we offered these to. Most of our potential tasters avoided these, and those who were willing to try were split between liking them a lot and quite hating them.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly shrimp-like, not too bad.
From the package: “Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil, Shrimp (7.0%), Flavors (Sugar, Salt, Maltodextrin, Monosodium Glutamate, Artificial Flavor, Soy Sauce Powder, Seaweed Powder, Yeast Extract, Food Additives: Disodium 5' Ribonucleotide, Disodium Succinate), Food Additives (Glycerol Monostearate, Carmine Cochineal, Gardenia Yellow)”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Super 88, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road