Off the Eaten Path Veggie Crisps Rice, Peas, Black Beans
Taste test: These snacks took the same basic form as Popchips, but thanks to the inclusion of peas and beans, they were the most colorful snacks of this type that we've seen. The thin, round crisps looked really good, as the base was rice-based and off-white, but there were lots of green and yellow peas embedded inside, plus some darker spots from the beans.
I crunched in to find a crispy, somewhat solid crunch, more like rice crackers than Popchips, with a noticeable level of salt that brought out the taste of the rice and peas quite nicely. Peas aren't a big part of my diet, as I enjoy pea soup but don't much like eating just plain peas or even peas in a mix of veggies, but this proved to be a perfectly enjoyable way to eat my peas.
Shop: Buy Off the Eaten Path on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells mostly like peas, maybe a hint of beans.
From the package: “In this light and airy crisp, discover a mosaic of rice, green and yellow peas, and black beans perfectly seasoned for a mouthwatering snacking adventure.”
Online store: Buy Off the Eaten Path on Amazon #ad
Company: Rare Fare Foods LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Off the Eaten Path (9 snacks)
- Vegetable Chips (151 snacks)
- Bean Chips (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2017
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2017.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road