Off the Eaten Path Sweet Potato Crisps
Taste test: These round crisps had a light orange color and somewhat wiggly shapes, so they looked a bit like PopChips, but they were thinner than Popchips. We crunched in to find a very crisp, light crunch and an excellent taste that was both sweet and savory, including a hint of sweet potato. The feel was lighter and crispier than PopChips, quite a nice texture.
Ingredients revealed that there was more rice than sweet potato inside, so these were far from being sweet potato chips. But whatever they were, they were really quite good, the best of the Off the Eaten Path snacks that we've tried so far.
Shop: Buy Off the Eaten Path on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild sweet potato smell.
From the package: “Made with with rice & real sweet potatoes” ... “Snacks for the curious™” ... “In this snacking adventure, discover the sweet, savory flavor of sweet potato in a light and airy crisp.”
Online store: Buy Off the Eaten Path on Amazon #ad
Company: Rare Fare Foods LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Off the Eaten Path (9 snacks)
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Sweet Potato Chips (60 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published March 2018.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road