Off the Eaten Path Hummus Crisps Garlic Tomato Basil
Taste test: These round crisps looked similar to Popchips, with bumpy, somewhat wiggly surfaces, though the surfaces were generally smoother than Popchips, and the chips were thinner. They had light beige surfaces with varying levels of red and green seasoning.
I crunched in to find a light crunch with excellent crispness, plus a really nice taste. The basil and tomato flavor was enough that I couldn't really specifically taste hummus, but the ingredients showed Chickpea Flour as the first ingredient, and it evidently worked quite well to deliver a nice taste and texture. I shared these around at a New Year's party at a bar, and everyone who tried one was very impressed, in several cases returning to the bag for more.
Shop: Buy Off the Eaten Path on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tomato and basil smell, not particularly garlicy.
From the package: “Snacks for the curious™” ... “If the road less traveled calls your name, you may be interested in a trip Off the Eaten Path™. Here you'll find unexpected combinations of wholesome ingredients that make for surprisingly delicious snacks. On this Mediterranean inspired journey, discover a light and airy crisp made with real chickpeas perfectly seasoned with garlic, tomato and basil for a mouthwatering snacking adventure.” ... “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering”
Online store: Buy Off the Eaten Path on Amazon #ad
Company: Rare Fare Foods LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Off the Eaten Path (9 snacks)
- Garlic Chips (104 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (98 snacks)
- Basil-flavored Snacks (25 snacks)
- Hummus chips (11 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Lacta Laka Diamante Negro
- Pap's Genuine Beef Jerky Blazin Cajun Style Thin Cut
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road