O'Tori Nugget Grilled Cuttlefish Flavor
Taste test: After having a great experience trying O'Tori's Coconut-flavored nuggets and seeing that the snacks in this can looked mostly the same (but darker), you might expect another similar experience. However, in this case, that turned out to be an incorrect expectation.
The texture was probably the same, as the nuggets were nicey crisp, but it was hard to notice the texture when the taste was so intense and (in most tasters' opinions) awful. It was a combination of corn, cuttlefish, hot pepper and sugar, and the flavors didn't all peak at quite the same time. It started out sweet and crunchy and kind of weird but not necessarily bad, as the sugar and corn were mostly dominant in the first bite, but then it turned bad when the cuttlefish really hit.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Really fishy in a bad way. Bad.
From the package: “Baked Corn Snack” ... “Product of Thailand” ... “Delicious Grilled Cuttlefish flavor ... straight from the oven you your hand!!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (63 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Talin Market World Food Fare, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Review published November 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road