O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
Taste test: These potato chips had one very descriptive flavor name, but I had to Google "Ballymaloe Relish" to understand what I was in for — apparently it's a chutney with tomatoes and spices. The chips had wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, similar to many kettle-cooked chips, with many shades of golden yellow and orange on the surfaces and some areas of skin around the edges.
I crunched in to find that most pieces had a great crispy feel, while others were a bit more solid, and all of them had an excellent flavor, sweet and tangy but not spicy or hot. It did taste like a tomatoey, oniony chutney, though it was hard to notice any cheddar amid those spices. A standout taste, the best of the O'Donnells flavors that we've tried (and that's a very tasty group).
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, slightly sweet with a hint of a kick, consistent with a chutney.
From the package: “Over seven generations of the O'Donnell family have lived on Seskin Farm and have mastered the art of cultivating the perfect potato. Today they bring their hard won experience as well as the name, to realise the finest of hand cooked crisps.” ... “I have collaborated with Ballymaloe Foods to bring you the unique taste of Ballymaloe relish and cheddar flavour crisps.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (109 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lucky Shamrock, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road