O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
Taste test: These potato chips had one very descriptive flavor name, but I had to Google "Ballymaloe Relish" to understand what I was in for — apparently it's a chutney with tomatoes and spices. The chips had wiggly shapes with lots of bubbles embedded inside, similar to many kettle-cooked chips, with many shades of golden yellow and orange on the surfaces and some areas of skin around the edges.
I crunched in to find that most pieces had a great crispy feel, while others were a bit more solid, and all of them had an excellent flavor, sweet and tangy but not spicy or hot. It did taste like a tomatoey, oniony chutney, though it was hard to notice any cheddar amid those spices. A standout taste, the best of the O'Donnells flavors that we've tried (and that's a very tasty group).
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, slightly sweet with a hint of a kick, consistent with a chutney.
From the package: “Over seven generations of the O'Donnell family have lived on Seskin Farm and have mastered the art of cultivating the perfect potato. Today they bring their hard won experience as well as the name, to realise the finest of hand cooked crisps.” ... “I have collaborated with Ballymaloe Foods to bring you the unique taste of Ballymaloe relish and cheddar flavour crisps.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Ireland (105 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (415 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Lucky Shamrock, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road