Nissin Potato Chips Salt Flavor
Taste test: For a bag of potato chips described as "Salt Flavor," these sure had a wide variety of ingredients, including artificial chicken and beef flavors, plus lots of really long, complicated words!
The chips came in gently curving shapes and had a golden yellow color, with many areas of browning and some seasoning powder visible on the surfaces. I crunched in to find a flavor that kind of remotely reminded me of Russet potato chips, and the seasoning was incredibly mild, considering how it was described in the ingredients. Not bad, but a strange one — it's mystifying how they needed so many ingredients for such a plain chip.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a weird savory smell.
From the package: “Product of China” ... “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Soy Sauce Powder (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), White Sugar, Artificial Chicken Flavor (Flavor, Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotides), Artificial Beef Flavor (Flavor, Monosodium Glutamate, Caramel Color, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotides), White Pepper Powder, Disodium 5'-Ribonucleotides, Tocopherols (Preservatives), Silicon Dioxide.” ... “Contains Egg, Wheat and Soybeans.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Malden. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road