Nissin Cup Noodles Tom Yum Goong Flavor Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips promised the flavor of Tom Yum Goong soup, or at least the instant noodles version of it. I quite enjoy that particular soup at Thai restaurants, so it sounded great to me.
I opened the bag to find narrow-rippled chips with lots of orange throughout, plus some larger, darker orange seasoning bits in some areas, particularly in the troughs of the ripples. I crunched in to find a light crunch and a midly tangy flavor to start, growing noticeably hotter soon after, with some heat lingering in the aftertaste. The taste wasn't entirely unlike a spicy Asian soup, but I've had Tom Yum Goong many times, as well as some snacks that succeeded in delivering that flavor (including this bread and these pretzel sticks), but this one largely missed the mark.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some fairly mile spices — really didn't remind me of Tom Yum Goong soup.
From the package: “Contains anchovy, sardines, coconut, shrimp and soybeans.” ... “Product of China”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (600 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (62 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (22 snacks)
This snack was discovered at C Mart, Quincy, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road