Nissin Cup Noodles Tom Yum Goong Flavor Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips promised the flavor of Tom Yum Goong soup, or at least the instant noodles version of it. I quite enjoy that particular soup at Thai restaurants, so it sounded great to me.
I opened the bag to find narrow-rippled chips with lots of orange throughout, plus some larger, darker orange seasoning bits in some areas, particularly in the troughs of the ripples. I crunched in to find a light crunch and a midly tangy flavor to start, growing noticeably hotter soon after, with some heat lingering in the aftertaste. The taste wasn't entirely unlike a spicy Asian soup, but I've had Tom Yum Goong many times, as well as some snacks that succeeded in delivering that flavor (including this bread and these pretzel sticks), but this one largely missed the mark.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some fairly mile spices — really didn't remind me of Tom Yum Goong soup.
From the package: “Contains anchovy, sardines, coconut, shrimp and soybeans.” ... “Product of China”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (64 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (22 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road