Nissin Cup Noodles Potato Chips Spicy Seafood Flavor
Taste test: These ramen-themed potato chips were the third of three Nissin flavors we ate, following Tom Yum Goong and Black Pepper Crab, and they had the same narrow-rippled cut and gently curving shapes. The surfaces generally had a light orange color, with some sparse dark seasoning bits and areas of skin on the edges.
I crunched in to find a tangy flavor to start, growing hotter and spicier and seafood-ier soon after, with much of the same lingering for an aftertaste. It was a impressive taste, at times bringing to mind an actual spicy Asian seafood soup — so this was a very good match for the promised flavor. Tasty and intense.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very tangy and spicy, with hints of seafood helping to bring out the spice, but not fishy in a bad way.
From the package: “Product of China” ... “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, Autolyzed Yeast Extract, White Sugar, Kimchi Flavor (Salt, Monosodium Glutamate, Garlic Powder, Flavor), Garlic Powder, Salt, Seafood Powder (Shrimp, Maltodextrin, Soy Sauce Powder (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Squid Powder, Anchovy Flavor, Cuttlefish Flavor), Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Onion Powder, Soy Sauce Powder (Soybeans, Wheat, Salt), Disodium 5-Ribonucleotides, Silicon Dioxide, Natural Chili Flavor, Paprika Color, Tocopherols (Preservatives). Contains Wheat, Soybeans, Anchovy and Shrimp.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from China (123 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (61 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (22 snacks)
This snack was discovered at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road