Nissin Cup Noodles Potato Chips Black Pepper Crab Flavor
Taste test: These potato chips had narrow ripples and a dull yellow color, with some areas of browning, plus a sparse coating of dark, very fine seasoning bits. They were part of a series of instant soup-based flavors from Nissin, including the previously reviewed Tom Yum Goong Flavor.
We crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch and an initial taste that wasn't noticeably crab-like nor all that strongly peppery, though there were some mildly tangy spices. It got somewhat hot in the aftertaste, as some hot peppers arrived along with the black pepper taste, and that kick of spices lingered for quite a while. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some tangy spices, not really crabby or fishy.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, White Sugar, Black Pepper Powder, Soy Sauce Powder (Soybeans, Maltodextrin, Salt), Monosodium Glutamate, Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Silicon Dioxide, Artificial Crab Flavor [Sunflower Oil, Flavor, Tocopherols (Preservative)], Black Pepper Flavor [Palm Oil, Flavor, Tocopherols (Preservative)], Caramel Color, Citric Acid Tocopherols (Preservative), Spice and Coloring, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate. Contains Soybeans.” ... “Photo for reference only”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Hong Kong (27 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1060 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (22 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road