Nissin Cup Noodles Potato Chips Black Pepper Crab Flavor
Taste test: These potato chips had narrow ripples and a dull yellow color, with some areas of browning, plus a sparse coating of dark, very fine seasoning bits. They were part of a series of instant soup-based flavors from Nissin, including the previously reviewed Tom Yum Goong Flavor.
We crunched in to find a nice crisp crunch and an initial taste that wasn't noticeably crab-like nor all that strongly peppery, though there were some mildly tangy spices. It got somewhat hot in the aftertaste, as some hot peppers arrived along with the black pepper taste, and that kick of spices lingered for quite a while. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Some tangy spices, not really crabby or fishy.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, White Sugar, Black Pepper Powder, Soy Sauce Powder (Soybeans, Maltodextrin, Salt), Monosodium Glutamate, Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Silicon Dioxide, Artificial Crab Flavor [Sunflower Oil, Flavor, Tocopherols (Preservative)], Black Pepper Flavor [Palm Oil, Flavor, Tocopherols (Preservative)], Caramel Color, Citric Acid Tocopherols (Preservative), Spice and Coloring, Disodium Guanylate, Disodium Inosinate. Contains Soybeans.” ... “Photo for reference only”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Hong Kong (27 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1035 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (594 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (130 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (22 snacks)
This snack was discovered at 99 Asian Supermarket, Malden, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
- Cravingz Spongiez Chocolate
- Lay's Big Wave Spicy Hot Pot
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road