Neal Brothers Spicy Srirachup Kettle Chips
Taste test: Sriracha and ketchup are two of my favorite flavors, but until I spotted this bag, I'd never thought about combining them. When I saw it on the Whole Foods shelf, I initially though it said "Sriracha" but as soon as I realized it was not that but a whole new made-up word, I immediately knew what it meant.
The potato chips had wiggly shapes, some folded-over, and bubbles embedded inside, for a look typical of kettle-cooked chips. They had a strong orange glow overall, with some darker orange seasoning bits scattered throughout. I crunched in to find a solid crunch with moderate crispness, and a tangy and mildly hot flavor that tasted maybe slightly like sriracha and a bit like ketchup. It was pretty good, but somehow this case of flavor combination just created its own new taste without really bringing out the distinctiveness of either element. Good chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of tangy, but didn't remind me that much of sriracha or ketchup.
From the package: “Peter and Chris Neal Brothers Foods: Peter and Chris heat things up with a twist on a classic Canadian flavor. The brother share a mutual love her sriracha and ketchup — so why not combine the two? The Srirachup kettle chip offers bite from the sriracha and sweetness from the ketchup creating an unforgettable snacking experience!” ... “Product of USA”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (338 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1989 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1024 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Sriracha Snacks (32 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Whole Foods Market (formerly Bread & Circus). Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road