Mystic Chips Gourmet Dark Russet Potato Chips
Taste test: These russet chips were quite good, with a great crisp texture and delicious taste.
The colors ranged from chip to chip, and even within each chip, from dark yellow to brown. Many of the chips were wiggly and in some cases, folded over. The chips were crunchy but had a light feel, and the high level of crispness was impressive. Despite not having any special seasoning on them, the chips were fully loaded with flavor, just exploding with great Russet potato taste. A winner from Utz.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice Russet chips smell, maybe even a little sweet.
From the package: “Mystic Chips® proudly introduces the Dark Russet Potato Chip. Ever since the invention of the potato chip in 1853 by George Crum, a Native American, people have been trying to reinvent this ageless potato treat in countless varieties of shape, flavor and crunch. This time, however, we know you'll love our contribution to snacking history. Our special variety of Russet Potato, precisely sliced and kettle cooked in 100% pure peanut oil, is transformed into a hearty-flavored, dark potato chip. The Mystic Chips® Dark Russet isn't dark and robust because of burning or overcooking, but from the natural carmelization of sugars in the Russet Potato.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2016 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (253 snacks)
- Russet potato chips (23 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2007
This snack was discovered by Bill Smith. Review published June 2007.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road