Taste test: Munchos are a rarity among Frito-Lay's vast array of snack brands and flavors, in that while the others brands have exploded over the years in the variety of flavors offered, there's always been just the plain Munchos. That finally ended during a recent chip-hunting trip to Canada, as we found this bag — just the second kind of Munchos ever.
The potato crisps had the same wiggly, irregular shapes, with a fairly evenly applied orange seasoning powder. I crunched in to find a very crispy, light crunch, with a barbecue seasoning that was sufficiently intense that the flavor didn't me regular Munchos at all; the barbecue seasoning overwhelmed all of the salt and potato taste of a regular Muncho. This wasn't just a plain barbecue, as it had a mildly hot kick to it. Tasty and good. Munchos folks, good start, now let's get some more flavors!
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet, tangy barbecue smell.
From the package: “A light and crispy tasting snack!/Une grignotine légère et croustillante!” ... “Product enlarged to show texture/Produit agrandi pour montrer la texture”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Munchos (2 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (341 reviews)
- Barbecue Snacks (482 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Food Basics, Windsor, Ontario. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road