Munchies Flamin' Hot
Taste test: This mix combined four different Frito-Lay snacks (Mini Doritos, Cheetos, Rold Gold pretzels and Sun Chips) with various hot seasonings, and the result was quite good.
Four is a fairly low number of ingredients for a party mix of this nature, but it ended up being a good combination. I was kind of surprised by how large the pretzels were — I would expect a mini-pretzel, but the actual size was somewhere between a mini-petzel and a full-size knotted pretzel. There was barely any hot seasoning adhering to the pretzels. The Doritos were a miniatured version of your standard Salsa Doritos, with a nice taste. The hottest of the bunch were the Cheetos, which had the great Cheetos crunch that we've come to know and love, with plenty of deep red Flamin' Hot flavor powder. The rippled Sun Chips were a bit unexpected, with a picante flavor, but they added a nice twist to the mixture with their whole grain-type texture. The many fans of hot stuff who frequent the chip bowl emptied this bag pretty quickly.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A good hot sauce smell, makes your mouth water.
From the package: “Hungry and can't decide among your favorite snacks? Now you don't have to! Try Frito-Lay Munchies™ Snack Mix — the only snack mix with all of your favorites in one bag. Everyone in the family will enjoy them!”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Munchies (17 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (423 snacks)
- Party Mixes (137 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road