Munchies Cheese Fix
The folks at Frito-Lay played some games with the sizes here: The pretzels, despite being labeled "Tiny Twists" were larger than the ones labeled like that and usually used in mixes like this; the Doritos were way, way smaller than the regular Doritos; and the Sun Chips had narrower ripples and a smaller overall size than the ones in bags of Sun Chips. The combination of tastes was OK, but nothing great here. This mix of snacks was similar to those in the original Munchies (with no specific flavor in the name at the time) that we enjoyed a lot when we reviewed them over a decade ago, but I was much less impressed by this "Cheese Fix" bag. The crispness and cheesiness of the mix that just seemed so perfect way back then wasn't evident here. Pretty ordinary.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty good cheese smell. The Cheetos and pretzels seemed to dominate.
From the package: “New bigger size!”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Munchies (17 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Pretzels (547 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (421 snacks)
- Party Mixes (131 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (131 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Johnnie's Foodmaster. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road