Mrs H.S. Ball's Chutney Flavoured Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips from South Africa had gently curving shapes with narrow ripples, with colors ranging from dark yellow to light brown.
We crunched in to find a nice crunch and a tangy, sweet flavor that had some mild zing without being particularly hot or spicy. Mrs H.S. Ball's is evidently a popular brand of chutney in South Africa, available in several flavors, with these chips being based on the original, peach-based one, rather than one of the spicier varieties. We couldn't notice any peach, but they were still very tasty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, very tangy smell, nice.
From the package: “Roarrrs with flavour” ... “Simba chips are made from only the very best potatoes grown right here in Southern Africa, and while every young potato aspires to become a Simba Chippie, only the very best make the grade. Simba, the king of snacks, is very choosy, and he guarantees that every pack will be of the highest quality, and will always Roarrr with flavour!” ... “Produced in South Africa”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from South Africa (5 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (600 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Lynton Karfor in South Africa. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road