Mrs H.S. Ball's Chutney Flavoured Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips from South Africa had gently curving shapes with narrow ripples, with colors ranging from dark yellow to light brown.
We crunched in to find a nice crunch and a tangy, sweet flavor that had some mild zing without being particularly hot or spicy. Mrs H.S. Ball's is evidently a popular brand of chutney in South Africa, available in several flavors, with these chips being based on the original, peach-based one, rather than one of the spicier varieties. We couldn't notice any peach, but they were still very tasty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, very tangy smell, nice.
From the package: “Roarrrs with flavour” ... “Simba chips are made from only the very best potatoes grown right here in Southern Africa, and while every young potato aspires to become a Simba Chippie, only the very best make the grade. Simba, the king of snacks, is very choosy, and he guarantees that every pack will be of the highest quality, and will always Roarrr with flavour!” ... “Produced in South Africa”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from South Africa (5 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (446 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road