Mr. Topper's Wigleez Ketchup N' Fries
Taste test: These snacks didn't look quite like the krinkle-cut fries pictured on the bag, as the ripples were less pronounced, so they looked almost like cheese puffs (but not quite, there were some subtle wiggles). The color also said cheese puffs, not the light orange/yellow color shown on the bag, but rather a very cheese puff-like bright orange. Because these promised ketchup flavor, the orange was a bit of a surprise.
We crunched in to find a good crispness and very light feel — these were far lighter than your usual cheese puffs, and so light that they didn't seem like fries at all. If the cheese puff/ketchup fries confusion had ended when we tasted these, there might have been some redemption, but unfortunately, ketchup was not the dominant flavor, nor even really noticeable. They tasted mostly like cheese puffs (and indeed the bag boasted "Real Cheez!") with maybe a hint of tomato if we really looked for it. We've eaten lots of chips labeled as ketchup flavor, and these may have had the least ketchup taste of any of them. They still tasted nice and had a distinctive (and good) texture but unfortunately they failed in multiple ways in being ketchup fries.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just slightly like ketchup. Not strong.
From the package: “Real Cheez!” ... “Made in Trinidad & Tobago”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road