Mr. Chips Nacho Cheese Flavor
Taste test: As with the Pinoi Spaghetti flavor from Mr. Chips, we felt compelled to buy this bag simply because we really liked the Mr. Chips brand name. The description on the bag sounded fairly conventional: triangular nacho cheese tortilla chips. So we opened the bag to find that the chips were indeed triangular but were much smaller than Doritos, with a much different appearance. The surfaces were smoother than Doritos and looked a lot like Fritos, with a pale yellow color and occasional black spots. The chips were thinner than Fritos and seemed to have some cheese powder on the surfaces, though the powder was practically invisible, as it just about matched the pale color of the chips.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a mildly tangy cheese flavor at first, with some heat in the aftertaste. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild cheese smell, a bit weird.
From the package: “What's in a Mr. Chips chip? Triangular shaped corn chips loaded with mucho nacho cheese that spell a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of goodness. You just don't bite your Mr. Chips chip. You go all out and gobble them all up. So what's in a Mr. Chips chip? It's excitement in a chip.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the Philippines (62 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (132 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road