Mike-sell's Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Bold Bahama Barbecue
Taste test: These potato chips were wiggly and generally smallish, with bits of skin on the edges, some folded-over chips and a light orange color.
I crunched in and was surprised by how crunchy they were, even for kettle-cooked chips, as they had a slightly harder crunch than the usual suspects, with still a pretty good crispness. The real appeal for this bag was the triple-B factor, as we've had hundreds of barbecue chips but never Bold Bahama Barbecue. The taste was slightly sweet at first but packed a pretty good level of heat after that, definitely more heat than your typical barbecue chip, though still not as much as a good hot chip.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very sweet barbecue smell.
From the package: “Look at the ingredients in Mike-sell's Kettle Cooked Chips and you'll appreciate that we continue to honor the quality promise D.W. Mikesell made when he started the company in 1910.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Snaxpo. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road