Mi Niña White Corn Tortilla Chips "Pico de Gallo"
Taste test: These chips looked a lot like Mi Niña's other flavors, with a 1/6-circle cut, wiggly surfaces containing lots of bubbles and a light beige color. The Pico de Gallo flavor brought with it some fine seasoning powder, much of it orange or green, distributed unevenly on parts of the surfaces.
We crunched in to find a strong crunch and somewhat crisp feel, with a taste that successfully combined salted corn with pico de gallo — at times. Not every bite had a noticeable hit of the pico, so the uneven application was reflected in the taste. When we got a taste of it, which was about half the time, it was really nice, but on the other bits, it was just plain tortilla chips. More seasoning would be a great addition, but still, pretty good.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just smells like tortilla chips, couldn't notice any salsa.
From the package: “After years of enjoying fresh corn tortillas and chips shipped from my wife's hometown in Mexico, I decided it was time to share this authentic experience with you.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: New England Tortilla LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Daily Table, Dorchester, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road