McCoy's Winter Warmers Steak & Ale Pie
Taste test: These thick potato chips had sharp, medium-width ripples and were generally a brownish yellow in color, with a good helping of flavor powder visible.
There was a great crunch when I bit in, with a lot of great potato taste, along with some fairly mild seasoning. The thick cut of the chips meant that even though the chips were generally smallish, eating one chip meant a lot of potato in the mouth at a time. Though the taste was good, I was expecting a lot more from the flavor, as the seasoning didn't live up to the usual intensity level of McCoy's seasonings and didn't remind me of steak or and other particular filling for a Steak & Ale Pie. Still, as with all of the McCoy's chips, tasty.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, but sort of like grilled steak.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Ridge Cut” ... “McCoy's are the definitive ridge cut potato chips with great flavours, cooked using a unique recipe and patented cut for a really satisfying taste.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (58 snacks)
- Beef (44 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road