Maverik Bonfire Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Premium Kettle Cooked Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had very wiggly shapes, with a light yellow color and many bubbles embedded inside, plus many bits of pepper of various sizes on the surfaces.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch with moderate crispness, with a good potato flavor that seemed just the slightest bit peppery at first. The black pepper got stronger as I ate more chips, and I noticed it quite a bit in the aftertaste, when it seemed like a peppery baked potato. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild pepper smell, almost more sweet than peppery.
From the package: “It's time to get crackin' ” ... “Maverik has mastered the perfect combination of salt and cracked pepper in our tasty Bonfire Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper Kettle Chips. For the perfect bite, in every bite! Get cracking!” ... “Bonfire chips are filled with awesome goodness!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Maverik Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (235 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (131 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road