Marks & Spencer Handcooked Crisps Taw Valley Cheddar & Carmelised Shallots
Taste test: These chips had a remotely kettle-cooked look, but most of the chips were large and not particularly wiggly, with some bubbles embedded inside most chips and skin visible around the edges of most chips.
Some of the chip were folded over. I bit in to find a good crunch and a tangy zing of a taste from mainly the shallots and secondarily the cheddar. I will be the first to admit that I can't describe the difference between onions and shallots, but the taste did seem to me to be different from onions. The taste was strongest upon first biting in, as it faded a bit after that as it mixed in with the potato flavor. The cheddar was far from overwhelming, but the mixed of flavors worked well.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly a good baked potato smell. On second whiff, maybe some cheddar.
From the package: “made in norfolk” ... “made with sunflower oil” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes • Sunflower Oil • Taw Valley Cheddar & Carmelised Shallot Seasoning. Taw Valley Cheddar & Carmelised Shallot Seasoning contains Sugar • Dried Shallot • Dried Onion • Salt • Dried Taw Valley Cheddar Cheese • Yeast Extract • Natural Flavouring • Dried Cheese • Dried Honey • Carmelised Sugar.” ... “Contains Cow's Milk.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (427 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2009
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road