Maizada Corn Tostaditas Raspadas Estilo Guadalajara
Taste test: These round tortilla chips had bumpy surfaces, including many small bubbles embedded inside, with a light beige color for the most part.
I crunched in to find a strong crunch with a feel that reminded me more of cereal then tortilla chips. Apparently these chips didn't use the usual masa flour, instead opting for something called "Nixtamalized Corn Masa" (Corn treated with Lime and Water). It certainly produced a different texture and taste than ordinary tortilla chips, but I couldn’t actually taste the lime. Pretty good chips, though. Noticeably different than the usual tortilla chips.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong corn smell, definitely more intense than your typical tortilla chips, but I couldn’t specifically notice any lime.
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road