Maizada Corn Tostadas
Taste test: These large tostadas had a nice yellow color, with lots of tiny white spots, some darker spots and a little burning around some of the edges.
These could certainly be used as a base on which to build a complete meal (I'm picturing lettuce, avocado, salsa, tomato, cheese and maybe some sort of meat), but if you don't have any other ingredients available, you can do what we did and just use them as giant chips. And giant they were, as each round piece was about six inches in diameter. Some of the pieces were cracked, but there were so many tostadas in this stack that there were plenty of unbroken ones too. They were great to munch on and tasted very good, with lots of corn taste and just a bit of salt.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice corn tortilla chips smell.
From the package: “Sin Colesterol/No Cholesterol” ... “Hecho em Mexico/Made in Mexico”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Compare Supermarket, Chelsea, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road