Thankful Maine Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly shapes and various shades of golden yellow color, with some bubbles embedded inside the chips and bits of skin on the edges.
We crunched in to find that the chips were thin and had an excellent crunch — light, brittle and perfectly crisp — a rare texture that reminded us of other very-small-batch chips like Billy Goat. The texture wasn't the only impressive thing, as there was a delicious mix of spices that really did resemble a Thanksgiving turkey dinner. The taste wasn't entirely unlike Boulder Canyon's Turkey & Gravy Potato Chips, which were also good, but these won out for texture. Unfortunately, we were eating this kind out of a much smaller bag, so there weren't as many of these great chips to share around.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Yeah, it really smells like Thanksgiving dinner. Great!
From the package: “Vintage Maine Kitchen makes small batch chips the way old New England family chippers always have. We source only the finest Maine grown spuds, sliced 'em wicked thin and fry 'em til they're crispy. Our Maine Maple chips are tossed with a blend of real Maine maple sugar and fine ground Maine Sea Salt™ to create a subtle but spectacular salty, sweet and crunchy snack.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Vintage Maine Kitchen
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Daisy Chow in Maine. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road