Mackie's of Scotland Ridge Cut Whisky & Haggis Potato Crisps
Taste test: Believe it or not, this wasn't the first haggis-flavored potato chip we've reviewed, though the only other one (with added black pepper) did come from the same company. But adding haggis to whiskey seemed ever more out-there than using black pepper, so we had to give these a try.
The chips had wide ripples and a light yellow color, with a light smattering of seasoning bits of various colors on the surfaces. We crunched in to find a light crunch and a rich potato taste complemented by a nice mix of spices, with kind of a peppery aftertaste. I haven't eaten haggis myself, so I can't directly compare the taste, but everything I've heard about haggis has been really bad, and this taste wasn't bad, so it probably didn't taste like haggis. The flavor didn't taste anything like whiskey or any other kind of alcohol either, but it was a good taste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong savory smell, but definitely not like whiskey and probably not like haggis.
From the package: “Try a new flavour! If you love the full on flavour and colossal crunch of Whisky & Haggis Ridge Cut Crisps, you might also enjoy our other ridge cut varieties, including: Caramelised Red Onion, Roast Ham & more!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Scotland (11 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1989 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (591 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (115 snacks)
- Alcohol-themed Snacks (57 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
- StarKist Bold Tuna Creations Hot Buffalo Style
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road