Mackie's of Scotland Haggis & Cracked Black Pepper Flavor Potato Crisps
Taste test: This flavor of chips was much anticipated, as haggis has a reputation as being a fairly terrible food to eat. Few of the snackers we found to taste these chips had actually tried haggis, but those who had didn't have anything good to say about haggis.
The surprise here was that everyone who tried these chips liked them, so there wasn't much resemblance to the taste of actual haggis. Instead, there was a nice mild mix of spices, with black pepper not particularly noticeable or prominent, and the spices mixed really well with the rich potato taste. The taste was tangy but not quite spicy. The chips were cut fairly thick, with a golden yellow color and skin all the way around the edges of most chips. There was quite a bit of seasoning visible, including what looked like black pepper. A tasty chip.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice tangy mix of spices, sort of like a milk steak sauce. Could smell some black pepper.
From the package: “Mackie's Haggis & Cracked Black Pepper flavor promises you a true taste of Scotland. Haggis has a surprisingly delicious spicy flavor — a perfect match for the fresh potato taste of Mackie's crisps. Challenge guests to guess the flavor!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Scotland (11 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Salt & Pepper Chips (130 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road