Mackie's of Scotland Mature Cheddar & Onion Potato Crisps
Taste test: These potato chips were cut very thick, with a golden orange color, plus some very dark areas on many of the chips. Most of the chips were wiggly, and many had bubbles embedded inside. There were some green specks spread sparsely across the surfaces, plus a bit of yellow/orange seasoning powder.
I crunched in to find a solid but occasionally soft crunch, with a subtle but tasty mix of cheddar and onion. Neither the cheddar nor onion was sharp, though the onion was stronger than the cheddar. The middling level of seasoning let some very nice potato taste come through. Our tasters liked these chips a lot, as most people went back to the bag for seconds.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild toasted onion smell.
From the package: “Mackie's crisps are made in Scotland by two family owned food and farming businesses, Mackie's of Scotland and Taypack. Our gentle cooking process creates a unique fresh taste and dry texture. Mackie's award winning potato crisps are created with natural flavorings and the star ingredient — our locally farmed potatoes.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Scotland (11 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (415 snacks)
- Cheese & Onion Chips (46 snacks)
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road