Lokay Squareoos Mexican Salsa
Taste test: The chips in this bag didn't look much like the ones pictured on the front of it, as the "Squareoos" shown were rectangular and looked like tortilla chips, with generally flat surfaces, while the ones in the bag looked like potato crisps (which they were) with narrow ripples and wiggly surfaces. The Squareoos appeared to have been be cut from squares, or at least rectangles, before becoming wiggly during cooking.
We crunched in to find a crisp crunch and light feel, similar to other potato crisps. There was some flavoring, but not a lot of it, with maybe a hint of tomato, or salsa in the mildest form of the word. Not bad, a nice light, tasty snack, but a mismatch for what was described on the bag for both flavor and shape.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very, very mild salsa smell.
From the package: “Great taste, No Guilt” ... “Best Quality Potato Chips” ... “Ingredients: Potatoes Granules, Potato flakes, Potato starch, Palm oil, Natural and nature identical Mexican Salsa flavor, sugar, salt, Maltodextrine Flavor Enhancer: E621, Aroma Compound: Citric Acid E330 Natural colour: E160c” ... “Country of Origin: United Arab Emirates” ... “Nitrogen pack for freshness”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from United Arab Emirates (5 reviews)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road