Lillie's Carolina Dirt BBQ Kettle Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly, irregular shapes with a variety of shades of yellow and orange on the surfaces, including areas with some dark seasoning, plus lots of skin on the edges.
We crunched in to find a strong crunch, but a fairly weak flavor as barbecue chips go, particularly for one with Dirt in the name. There wasn't any heat, nor much tanginess or even sweetness. There were some spices, but they just didn't say "Barbecue" to me — it didn't seem worthy of the mouth-watering description of the barbecue restaurant hyped on the bag.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty subtle spices, but maybe the paprika stands out the most.
From the package: “Aptly named for Carolina's clay-colored soil, Carolina Dirt BBQ Kettle Chips' flavor comes from Grandma Lillie's famous sugar-based barbeque rub. Plan a trip to Lillie's Q or rip open your very own bag and experience the culmination of three generations of Southern style barbecue mastery.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Lillie's Q
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
- Marilan Tartelette Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road