Lillie's Carolina Dirt BBQ Kettle Chips
Taste test: These potato chips had wiggly, irregular shapes with a variety of shades of yellow and orange on the surfaces, including areas with some dark seasoning, plus lots of skin on the edges.
We crunched in to find a strong crunch, but a fairly weak flavor as barbecue chips go, particularly for one with Dirt in the name. There wasn't any heat, nor much tanginess or even sweetness. There were some spices, but they just didn't say "Barbecue" to me — it didn't seem worthy of the mouth-watering description of the barbecue restaurant hyped on the bag.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Pretty subtle spices, but maybe the paprika stands out the most.
From the package: “Aptly named for Carolina's clay-colored soil, Carolina Dirt BBQ Kettle Chips' flavor comes from Grandma Lillie's famous sugar-based barbeque rub. Plan a trip to Lillie's Q or rip open your very own bag and experience the culmination of three generations of Southern style barbecue mastery.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Lillie's Q
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Foodease, Water Tower Place, Chicago. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road