Lay's Tastes of America Southwestern Jalapeno Cheddar
Taste test: The many potato chips in this bag were generally smallish, and most of them were broken, with an unevenly applied orange seasoning and some tiny green spots.
They were fairly crisp and tasted quite good. The flavor initially favored cheddar, with a strong hit of tasty cheddar upon biting in and just a little evidence of jalepeno, but then in the seconds that followed, the jalapeno peppers kicked in for a tasty, hot aftertaste that lingered. The heat was on the mild side when eating just one chip, but it got progressively hotter when eating multiple chips in succession. Our tasters liked these a lot. Oddly, Lay's has changed the branding of this line of limited-edition chips from "Tastes of America" used several years back to "Taste of America" this time around.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild cheese smell, just the slightest hint of jalapeno.
From the package: “Limited Edition USA 2008” ... “0 grams Trans Fat” ... “We grow the best snacks on earth”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (211 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1974 snacks)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (411 snacks)
- Limited Editions (401 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (236 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Wal-Mart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
- Hershey's Kisses with Caramel
- Tiki Gold Coconut Craze
- Crunchips o smaku Pieczone Żeberka
- Tortrix Twist Chiltepe
- Lacta ao Leite
- Walkers Stax Paprika
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road