Lay's Stax Sweet Thai Chili
Taste test: This version of the Lay's Stax potato crisps (the Lay's version of Pringles) had some green and red specks of flavor powder visible along the center of the concave side of each crisp, with some random isolated areas of flavoring on the convex side.
Upon biting in, there was quite a kick of chili heat, with a bit of sweetness too, and then a hot aftertaste. Licking the crisps resulted in an even stronger hit of chili, but there was enough flavor on these that no matter how we ate them, we got lots of the nice Thai chili flavor. Our tasters enjoyed these and ate through the whole strangely shaped blue can very quickly.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild chili smell.
From the package: “Tastes Around the World” ... “The sweet and spicy flavors of Thai cooking are at your fingertips with Lay's Stax ® brand Sweet Thai Chili naturally and artificially flavored potato crisps. Take your taste buds on an exotic trip with this tantilizing new flavor! Enjoy the spicy, satisfying crunch of this perfect pick me up at work, on the go, or wherever you might be in this world.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (415 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (294 snacks)
- Chili Chips (226 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kmart. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road