Lay's Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Vinegar Extra Crunchy Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips and had the wiggly shape typical of kettle-cooked potato chips, and upon biting in, there was a good crunch and a definite vinegar flavor, but not a very strong one.
As I ate more chips, the vinegar flavor diminished to even lower levels, and mostly there was just a greasy sort of taste. A really good vinegar chip would have more vinegar zing to start with, with plenty of potato taste, and the vinegar sensation would stay around even if you ate whole bag in one sitting (which I would recommend doing for any good vinegar chip). So as vinegar chips go, these were nothing special. One to avoid.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Medium-strength vinegar smell but not a real zing. Decent.
From the package: “You'll be happy to know that great-tasting Lay's® brand Kettle Cooked Potato Chips are made with 100% sunflower oil.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (236 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (168 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2008
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published February 2008.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road