Lay's Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Vinegar Extra Crunchy Potato Chips
Taste test: These potato chips and had the wiggly shape typical of kettle-cooked potato chips, and upon biting in, there was a good crunch and a definite vinegar flavor, but not a very strong one.
As I ate more chips, the vinegar flavor diminished to even lower levels, and mostly there was just a greasy sort of taste. A really good vinegar chip would have more vinegar zing to start with, with plenty of potato taste, and the vinegar sensation would stay around even if you ate whole bag in one sitting (which I would recommend doing for any good vinegar chip). So as vinegar chips go, these were nothing special. One to avoid.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Medium-strength vinegar smell but not a real zing. Decent.
From the package: “You'll be happy to know that great-tasting Lay's® brand Kettle Cooked Potato Chips are made with 100% sunflower oil.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Sea Salt Chips (232 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (167 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road