Lay's Crab Spice Seasoning
Taste test: When I first spotted this bag, I nearly fell out of my chair.
That is, if I had been sitting in a chair rather than walking through the snack aisle of Walgreen's, I would have fallen out of it. The point being, I was surprised to see Lay's selling this flavor. I'm assuming from the "Crab Spice Seasoning" that they were aiming for a similar Old Bay Seasoning flavor to the Utz Crab Chip or Herr's Old Bay chips. The bag contained a number of large, unbroken potato chips with a light coating of a dark orange seasoning. The taste was pretty good, though the intensity of the spices was lower than the Utz and Herr's versions. Still, these were fairly tangy and left behind a strong aftertaste.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet smell. Doesn't really remind me of Old Bay seasoning.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes, Sunflower Oil, and Crab Spice Seasoning (Less Than 2% of the Following: Salt, Spices [Including Bay Leaf and Black Pepper], Dextrose, Sodium Diacetate, Paprika, Sugar, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder, Citric Acid, Artificial Color [Red 40, Yellow 5], Natural Flavor), and Salt.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1997 snacks)
- Crab (27 snacks)
- Old Bay seasoned chips (12 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road