Taste test: These potato chips from Spain were generally similar to many kinds of kettle-cooked chips, but they differed in several notable ways. Most of the chips in this bag lacked the typical wiggly shape, as these were generally flat, and in many cases, narrow and long. Many of the chips had bubbles embedded in them.
There was something about the texture of these chips that really stood out, as the crunch was bit softer than, for example, Cape Cod chips, but the crispness level far exceeded Cape Cod, and that high crispness combined with the crunch really worked well. The potato taste was pretty good, a bit different than the usual taste, probably because of the olive oil, but nothing extraordinary in terms of taste. Still, the kettle-style texture, unusual crispness and good potato flavor combined to make these chips a standout.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong, very nice potato smell, similar to some kettle-cooked chips but more potatoey.
From the package: “Aceite de Oliva 100%” ... “Patatas fritas en aceite de oliva (32% sobre producto final)”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (216 snacks)
- Snacks from Spain (37 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Regular Potato Chips (252 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Judy and Lee in London. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road