Lay's Yam Crisps Cucumber Flavor
Taste test: This was the first version of Lay's we've seen that featured yams instead of potatoes, and it came in a rather unusual bag, more resembling the "thundersticks" noise-making balloons that they sell at sports stadiums than typical potato chip bags. I opened the bag (the top sort of peeled off by pulling at a little slit) to find that it was filled a little more than halfway with small, thin pieces. Most of them were close to rectangular before the curling, but some deviated a bit. They generally measured about 7/8 inch by 1-1/4, with a light beige color, plus some small green bits.
I crunched in to find a light, crisp crunch and a mild cucumber flavor that was pretty tasty, strong by cucumber standards, and strong enough that it overwhelmed any flavor from the yam itself. Tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of sweet and maybe yam-like.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Super 88, Malden. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road