Lay's Yam Crisps Cucumber Flavor
Taste test: This was the first version of Lay's we've seen that featured yams instead of potatoes, and it came in a rather unusual bag, more resembling the "thundersticks" noise-making balloons that they sell at sports stadiums than typical potato chip bags. I opened the bag (the top sort of peeled off by pulling at a little slit) to find that it was filled a little more than halfway with small, thin pieces. Most of them were close to rectangular before the curling, but some deviated a bit. They generally measured about 7/8 inch by 1-1/4, with a light beige color, plus some small green bits.
I crunched in to find a light, crisp crunch and a mild cucumber flavor that was pretty tasty, strong by cucumber standards, and strong enough that it overwhelmed any flavor from the yam itself. Tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of sweet and maybe yam-like.
From the package: “Product of China”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Sweet Potato Chips (60 snacks)
- Cucumber Snacks (10 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2019
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road