Lay's Wu Fang Zhai Salted Egg Yolk Meat Dumpling
Taste test: These potato chips promised to duplicate the taste of an egg-based meat dumpling from a restaurant chain called Wu Fang Zhai, so all in all, I had no idea what that would taste like. The chips had curvy shapes and a light yellow color, with any seasoning basically camouflaged by the chip surface, so they looked much like regular Lay's.
I crunched in to find a light crunch and a fairly mild flavor, with a egg yolk being a good description of it. Not having eating the intended dumpling, I can't make a direct comparison, but it sure didn't remind me of any kind of dumpling or meat. But pretty good as an egg flavor goes.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of egg-like, along with salted potato. Good.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2019 snacks)
- Egg Snacks (13 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road