Lay's Wavy Ranch
Taste test: We've eaten this flavor before — sort of. But that was way back in the days before they transposed the words "Wavy Lays" and were still licensing the Hidden Valley Ranch flavor. Now it's Lay's Wavy, and the valley is no longer hidden, so it's just plain Ranch.
The chips had wide ripples and fairly flat overall shapes, with a pale yellow color and a nice even smattering of green bits. I crunched in to find a soft crunch and a good taste, with much creaminess and some onion, but not much of the zest that ranch promises to deliver. It wasn't quite the same as a sour cream & onion taste, and there was a hint of ranch, but it was pretty close.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild and mostly creamy, not zesty.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Ranch Chips (126 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2021
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published February 2021.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road