Lay's Wavy Milk Chocolate Covered Potato Chips with Almond Bits
Taste test: These rippled potato chips had a less-than-complete coating of a light-colored milk chocolate, so there was lots of light yellow chip surface visible in between the coated parts. They promised almond bits as well, a change from the original chocolate-coated Wavy Lay's, and there were a fair number of smallish almond fragments stuck to the chocolate (but not quite the density of almonds pictured on the bag).
I grabbed my first chip to find a somewhat melty feel to the chocolate on my fingertips, then crunched in to find lots and lots of milk chocolate to taste, along with a light crunch from the potato chips inside. I could see the almonds, but they didn't have much effect on the taste.
One big change from the original coated Lay's that we reviewed three years ago to the ones they're selling now was a switch from a conventionally shaped potato chip bag to more of a stand-up style of bag.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice milk chocolate smell.
From the package: “delicious Lay's® Wavy chips + luscious milk chocolate & almonds = sweet & salty magic” ... “Partially Produced with Genetic Engineering”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (211 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1975 snacks)
- Chocolate (1723 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (588 snacks)
- Nuts (505 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Goldfish Cheddar Made with Organic Wheat
- Haribo Dinosaurs
- Lotte Popping Corn Chips Grilled Corn
- Pu-Thai Black Pepper Flavor
- Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme Cookie Bites
- O'Donnells of Tipperary Hand Cooked Crisps Ballymaloe Relish and Cheddar Cheese Flavour
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road