Lay's Wavy Fried Green Tomato
Taste test: This new Lay's flavor, part of the "Do Us A Flavor" contest along with Everything Bagel and Crispy Taco, had wide ripples and a golden yellow color with areas of browning, plus a light smattering of dark seasoning powder.
I crunched in to find a crunch that was fairly light for a wide-rippled chip, with a mild and very tasty mix of spices. I haven't eaten lots of fried green tomatoes (nor seen the movie, for that matter) but this mix of tomatoes and spices worked well. Not a super-standout among potato chip flavors, but still a very good one.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild mix of spices and a hint of tomato, very nice.
From the package: ” 'Fried green tomatoes remind me of my childhood in Georgia. Fried to a golden brown, salted and peppered — they were always the perfect feel good food prepped by my dad for our family dinners.' — Greg Pope, Charlotte, NC”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Tomato Snacks (98 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Target. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road