Lay's Wavy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper
Taste test: This flavor sounded like one of the boldest among the 12 Tastes of America flavors for 2018, and as an admirer of both bacon and jalapeño poppers — can't say I've ever had them combined — I was eager to try.
The chips had wide ripples and gently curving overall shapes, with a bright yellow color and some areas of browning, plus lots of green bits spread evenly over the surfaces. I crunched in to find a nice light crunch and a flavor that initially seemed a lot like the promised a jalapeño popper with bacon added, delivering cheese, peppers and little smokiness. But then I realized that there wasn't any heat at all. So much for the jalapeño part. They had the potential for something really good here, and with a little more bacon and some actual jalapeño heat, they might have really had it, but this one ended up falling far short.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild smoky baon smell.
From the package: “Inspired by a Southwest favorite and now nationally loved, here's a taste of jalapeño peppers, cream cheese and bacon. Let's spice up snack time!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (231 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2018 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1061 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (245 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (140 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2018.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road