Lay's Wavy Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper
Taste test: This flavor sounded like one of the boldest among the 12 Tastes of America flavors for 2018, and as an admirer of both bacon and jalapeño poppers — can't say I've ever had them combined — I was eager to try.
The chips had wide ripples and gently curving overall shapes, with a bright yellow color and some areas of browning, plus lots of green bits spread evenly over the surfaces. I crunched in to find a nice light crunch and a flavor that initially seemed a lot like the promised a jalapeño popper with bacon added, delivering cheese, peppers and little smokiness. But then I realized that there wasn't any heat at all. So much for the jalapeño part. They had the potential for something really good here, and with a little more bacon and some actual jalapeño heat, they might have really had it, but this one ended up falling far short.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild smoky baon smell.
From the package: “Inspired by a Southwest favorite and now nationally loved, here's a taste of jalapeño peppers, cream cheese and bacon. Let's spice up snack time!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (225 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1998 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1037 snacks)
- Limited Editions (411 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
- Bacon Flavor Snacks (138 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Nuttoz Roasted Chana Masala
- Wibisco Shirley Biscuits
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Fire! Sauce Flavor
- Terrell's Syracuse Style Potato Chips
- Godiva Signature Milk Chocolate 8 Mini Bars
- Good & Smart Potato Crisps Sour Cream & Onion
- Lipo Mini Roll Strawberry Flavor
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road