Lay's Wasabi Flavor
Taste test: These potato chips from China promised one the most shocking Lay's flavors ever, but when I opened the bag, they looked like ordinary potato chips, with just the same range of light yellow colors that you'd expect from Lay's Classic.
I crunched in to find that looks can be deceiving! There was an immediate wasabi flavor, mixing well with the potato for a nice taste. As for the level of wasabi zing, it was quite minimal, about as light of a kick as there could be while still being noticeable, roughly comparable to the American Wasabi Ginger Lay's. Even the smallest bit of actual wasabi would give more of that special wasabi sensation than one of these chips, so check out our many other wasabi snack reviews if you're looking for something stronger, but still, these chips were very tasty.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, maybe the slightest hint of wasabi.
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Snacks from China (129 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2005 snacks)
- Wasabi or Horseradish Chips (62 snacks)
This snack was discovered at Jia Ho Supermarket, Boston. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Good Life Finute Corn Chips
- Cadina Potato Chips Crinkle Cut XO Sauce Flavor
- Today Cocoa 3 Bites
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road