Lay's Wavy West Coast Truffle Fries
Taste test: It's that time of the year again, when Lay's rolls out limited-edition products that tempt or appall us with their bold takes on flavored potato chips, while challenging us to search every local store to find an actual bag to eat and review. This year, Truffles Fries was released along with Greektown Gyro, New York Reuben and Southern Biscuits and Gravy.
I opened the bag to find that the chips were generally large and had light yellow surfaces with very wide ripples, plus plenty of large green seasoning bits all over. I crunched in to find a very good crispness and soft crunch, with a fairly tasty flavor, a nice mix of mild cheeses and spices that went well with the fried potato. They certainly didn't go overboard with the flavor — it wasn't as strong as the few plates of actual truffle fries that I've had — but it was tasty and not badly weak or anything. Still, a richer taste, highlighting the cheese a bit more, would have been nicer.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mild spices.
From the package: “submitted by: Angie Fu” ... “Every time I see Truffle Fries on the menu, it is the first thing that I order… the aromatic flavor of truffle is mouth-watering.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Limited Editions (421 snacks)
- Cheese (321 snacks)
- Truffle Snacks (7 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published July 2015.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road