Lay's Wavy West Coast Truffle Fries
Taste test: It's that time of the year again, when Lay's rolls out limited-edition products that tempt or appall us with their bold takes on flavored potato chips, while challenging us to search every local store to find an actual bag to eat and review. This year, Truffles Fries was released along with Greektown Gyro, New York Reuben and Southern Biscuits and Gravy.
I opened the bag to find that the chips were generally large and had light yellow surfaces with very wide ripples, plus plenty of large green seasoning bits all over. I crunched in to find a very good crispness and soft crunch, with a fairly tasty flavor, a nice mix of mild cheeses and spices that went well with the fried potato. They certainly didn't go overboard with the flavor — it wasn't as strong as the few plates of actual truffle fries that I've had — but it was tasty and not badly weak or anything. Still, a richer taste, highlighting the cheese a bit more, would have been nicer.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very nice mild spices.
From the package: “submitted by: Angie Fu” ... “Every time I see Truffle Fries on the menu, it is the first thing that I order… the aromatic flavor of truffle is mouth-watering.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (218 snacks)
- Potato Chips (1987 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (590 snacks)
- Limited Editions (409 snacks)
- Cheese (312 snacks)
- Truffle Snacks (7 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Star Market (formerly Shaws, and Star Market again before that), Porter Square, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
- Trolli Sour Brite Llamas
- Cheetos Flavor Shots Cheddar Jalapeño Asteroids
- Pocky Choco Mint
- Bronoir Brownie Chocolate Chip Cookie
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road