Lay's Thick Potato Chips Thai BBQ Shrimp
Taste test: This version of Lay's from Taiwan had narrow ripples and a nice a golden yellow color, with some areas showing a bit more orange. There was barely any seasoning powder visible on the surfaces, save for some black specks that averaged about one per chip.
We crunched in to find a good crunch and a taste that was mostly fishy, but not really in a bad way. There were some mild spices too, but the fish was more noticeable than the spices, and it really tasted more like fish than shrimp. (The ingredients didn't specifically mention fish or shrimp, but the allergens sections indicated that it included both.) It was also the only snacks we've seen listing Perfume as an ingredient!
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mildly shrimp-like, with some spices.
From the package: “Ingredient: Potato, palm oil, sugar, cassava maltodextrin, monosodium glutamate, spices (perfume, garlic powder), hydrolyzed soy protein, potato maltodextrin, flavoring (aminoacetic acid), wheat maltodextrin, two Antimony oxide, acacia, citric acid, succinic acid, disodium succinate, flavoring agent (5'-hypoxanthine nucleoside disodium phosphate, 5'-guanosine nucleoside disodium phosphate), red pepper extra, antioxidants (Vitamin C)” ... “Contains: Shrimp, fish, soybean” ... “Product of Taiwan”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Snacks from Taiwan (100 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (613 snacks)
- Barbecue Snacks (488 snacks)
- Shrimp/Prawn (45 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2018
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road