Lay's Lobster Hot Plate
Taste test: This Thailand-produced version of Lay's Potato Chips had a very light orange color, with a very, very sparse amount of flavor seasoning visible, just a few tiny dark orange specks per chip.
The taste was kind of strange, with a mix of spices that left a hot aftertaste and tasted remotely like lobster to some people, but not in a good way. Our tasters were generally very turned off by the flavor, and most people couldn't even go back to the bag for a second chip after reacting very badly to the first.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird mix of spices. Not really lobstery, and not really fishy either.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes, Rice Bran Oil & Seasoning, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Msg.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (211 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (58 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1974 snacks)
- Hot Chips (997 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (138 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Talin Market World Food Fare, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Twizzlers Twists Orange Cream Pop
- Hershey's Kisses with Caramel
- Tiki Gold Coconut Craze
- Crunchips o smaku Pieczone Żeberka
- Tortrix Twist Chiltepe
- Lacta ao Leite
- Walkers Stax Paprika
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road