Lay's Lobster Hot Plate
Taste test: This Thailand-produced version of Lay's Potato Chips had a very light orange color, with a very, very sparse amount of flavor seasoning visible, just a few tiny dark orange specks per chip.
The taste was kind of strange, with a mix of spices that left a hot aftertaste and tasted remotely like lobster to some people, but not in a good way. Our tasters were generally very turned off by the flavor, and most people couldn't even go back to the bag for a second chip after reacting very badly to the first.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of weird mix of spices. Not really lobstery, and not really fishy either.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potatoes, Rice Bran Oil & Seasoning, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Msg.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (237 snacks)
- Snacks from Thailand (75 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2035 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1076 snacks)
- Seafood Snacks (64 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2012
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Talin Market World Food Fare, Albuquerque, New Mexico. Review published November 2012.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
- Lay's Kettle Cooked Flamin' Hot Limón
- Cheetos Japanese Steak
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road